Welcome to the website for spine specialist Dr. Paul McDonough. Dr. McDonough is a board certified orthopaedic spine surgeon in Abilene, Texas. This website is designed to help patients, caregivers, and other health care professionals learn about the latest solutions and options for spine pain, disorders and injuries. Dr. McDonough specializes in innovative microscopic techniques and minimal incisions when operating on the back or neck. These surgical methods minimize post-operative pain and allow patients to recover faster.
- Medical School - UCLA - 1st in class in surgery
- Residency - UCLA Orthopedic Surgery
- Spine Surgery Fellowship - University of Wisconsin
- 100% Spine Surgery only Practice - Spine Specialist
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr. McDonough has performed over 6,000 surgeries since coming to Abilene in 2001
- Susan F. Midland, TX January 6, 2017, Dr. McDonough did neck surgery. He was very informative when explaining the procedure. I was having severe pain and could not move my arms. Surgery went great. And continue to have great results.
- Norma P. Abilene, TX February 25, 2016, Professional. Explained needed procedure and results so I understood what to expect. Staff very friendly and professional. Would highly recommend Dr. McDonough.
- May 18th, 2011, Completely Fixed My Broken Back, After months of leg pain and inability to walk much distance I finally decided to have the surgery necessary to fix my back. I chose Dr. McDonough because of his excellent training and experience. He was very easy to talk to and understanding of my hesitation. I have never had any medical problems and he was very patient with me, even though he knew he could fix this. So I had a back fusion of my L5 to S1. He and his staff watched over me, always called me back quickly if I had any questions, and continue to care about my healing. His staff is especially considerate and his office is easy to get in and out of. While I could continue to say great things about Dr. McDonough, the most important thing to me is that He completely fixed my broken back, I have walked miles and hours around the city of New York and never again experienced the leg and lower back pain. So thank you for taking me from resignation to life on drugs to renewal and restoration of an active and drug free life!